The Accounting Specialist works primarily with the Finance, and Operations Teams providing back office support and managing the purchasing process for the Business Unit. The individual must possess the ability to multi-task and accept additional projects continually as well as being able to work under time pressures. This is a unique opportunity because it will also serve the Finance team by being in charge of payables and receivable.
- Process all monthly recurring revenue billing.
- Run accounts receivable aging schedules and contact customers that require payment follow-up. Diligently and proactively, maintain collection efforts and keep outstanding balances to a minimum by contacting customers and creating payment plans. Prepare monthly collections reports to senior management.
- Reconcile customer accounts as needed.
- Perform additional support activities as required by Management
- 3+ years of experience
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to solve problems creatively and have an aptitude for understanding new technologies.
- Experienced in acting as department liaison between Finance and Operations.
- The ideal candidate must be a stickler for detail, with excellent telephone and communication skills, grammar, spelling, and excellent mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of AP and AR, Great Plains is a HUGE plus and if you have e-commerce experience that would be helpful.
- Fluent with all MS Office Windows applications.
- Demonstrated history of success with customer relations.
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities at once.
- Must have the ability to work both independently and as a support to Finance, and Operations.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with working knowledge of MS Excel and be able to prepare spreadsheets with basic formulas.