The Accounting Specialist supports the general accounting department including accounts receivable and accounts payable processing as needed, processing of vendor invoices and cash disbursements, company wide vendor database maintenance, and coverage during team member absences. The position reports to the Controller, works closely with the Company's accounting staff, customer service representatives, branch managers and outside vendors, and is relied upon to identify the need for and recommend improvements in the company's processes.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist could include:
* Support invoicing and receivables functions including processing order corrections, creating manual invoices, preparing online billing, new customer set-up/maintenance and validating orders.
* Timely processing of vendor invoices, providing cost allocations as necessary and ensuring they are properly authorized, supported, coded and earn all available discounts.
* Processing check / ACH payment runs, ensuring accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation, remittance advice, filing of processed batches and bank file communication, as necessary.
* Identify problems, troubleshoot and provide recommendations for improvements in company processing.
* Download and sort daily electronic invoices as well as US mail, branch mail, and departmental mail.
* Update and maintain vendor database, supplying company credit card data as requested by vendors and verifying 1099 reporting details, including updated W-9's.
* Reconcile and distribute Company Credit Card charges to cardholders, obtaining receipts and proper general ledger coding for timely payment, monitoring account balance to not exceed limit.
* Reconciliation of inbound and outbound freight invoices.
* Process packing slips and common carrier packing slips from MD, PA, and VA.
* Assist in providing coverage during accounting team member absences.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.