Our large international client in South West Charlotte has multiple Accounting Specialist roles that are a combination of accounting and customer service. They prefer someone with recent General Ledger (posting journal entries, reconcile bank statements and GL accounts) experience. This role is contract-to-hire at $22/hr to $46-49K perm!!
Reasons this role is right for you:
1.) Stable company - Never had layoffs!
2.) Great benefits!
3.) Positive Team environment
4.) They train you for 2-3 weeks
5.) You have a mentor to coach you for 3 months!
6.) They use SAP software (The most popular software out there!)
7.) Flexible hours - can work 7am-4pm, 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm
8.) Manager have weekly one-on-one meetings with you to go over your progress
Accounting Specialist (20% GL accounting / 80% customer service )
The primary role is providing financial support to internal managers who have accounting questions while providing top internal customer service and escalating appropriate items to the Staff Accountants.
- Validate field requests and prepare journal entries as needed
- Ensure balance sheet accounts reflect the correct balance and are review and reconciled monthly
- Assist with ensuring monthly profit and loss (P&L) statements are an accurate reflection of the results of the period
- Training internal managers to use and understand financial information and back office accounting systems via phone
- Ensure accounting conforms to the Group Accounting Policies and Procedures and maintains our internal controls
- Assist in meeting requirements for compliance to contract terms including operation maintenance, balance sheet review (Imprest Funds, Inventory, Entitlement Accruals, etc.), and operation closures
- Create and maintain day-by-day and closing checklist for all duties
- Maintain accurate contact information on all field internal customers
- Identify best practices within the role and strive to improve processes and efficiencies
- Perform other accounting tasks as needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficient knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Must be a quick learner and self-motivated
- 1+ years if accounting experience, full charge general ledger
Degree Requirement: Two-year degree in Accounting or Business with Accounting concentration and 3+ years bookkeeping/accounting experience, full charge general ledger OR 10+ years bookkeeping/accounting experience, full charge general ledger
Category Code: JN001, JN005