The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Accounting Services Specialist for our client located in the Cleveland, OH area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8:30 am - 5 pm
Under close supervision performs various financial or accounting duties of moderate complexity.
- Reviews codes and enters information into applicable financial system to ensure accurate sub-ledger data feeds to the general ledger.
- Provides first level response to all inquiries via email mail and phone in accordance with department policy to ensure quality service standards are met.
- Researches reconciles and analyzes data within designated group to ensure financial and quality standards are met.
- Generates and provides reports to Supervisor and/or Accounting Specialist II or III to ensure accuracy of data and compliance with both policies and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Engages in monthly team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development.
- Prepares and presents specific topics if requested.
- Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or financial transactions to ensure that controls and policies are being met.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on daily operational functions to ensure that technical skills are transferred consistently.
- Writes and reviews department procedures to ensure procedures are up to date and accurate.
- Recommends changes if necessary.
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent
- AAS in Accounting/Business/Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and organization skills required.