The CSI Companies is actively seeking a Accounting Services Specialist for our client located in the Rochester, NY area.
The CSI Companies understands that an attractive benefits package is important for recruiting above-average candidates. While on contract, we offer a benefits package that includes weekly pay, direct deposit, multiple healthcare plans (Vision, Dental, Disability options, Holiday Pay, & Paid Time Off) if eligible.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri Regular Business Hours
Reviews, codes and enters information into applicable financial system to ensure accurate sub-ledger data feeds to the general ledger.
- Generates, reviews and distributes reports to ensure accuracy of data and compliance
- Provides second level response to all inquiries via email, mail and phone in accordance with department policy to ensure quality service standards are met.
- Takes necessary corrective action.
- Writes, reviews and maintains department procedures to ensure procedures are up to date and accurate.
- Recommends and makes changes if necessary.
- Prepares and engages in monthly team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development.
- Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or financial transactions to ensure that controls and policies are being met.
- Researches, reconciles and analyzes data within designated group to ensure financial and quality standards are met.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on daily and department operational functions to ensure that technical skills are transferred consistently.
- Completes audits in compliance with Internal and External reporting requirements to ensure requirements are met.
- Verifiable High School diploma or equivalent
- AAS in Accounting/Business/Finance with a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle preferred. Attention to detail and organization skills required.