The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Accounting Service Specialist for our client located in the Cleveland, OH area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Under close supervision, the Account Services Specialist performs various financial or accounting duties of moderate complexity.
- Reviews codes and enters information into applicable financial system to ensure accurate sub-ledger data feeds to the general ledger.
- Provides first level response to all inquiries via email mail and phone in accordance with department policy to ensure quality service standards are met.
- Researches reconciles and analyzes data within designated group to ensure financial and quality standards are met.
- Generates and provides reports to Supervisor and/or Accounting Specialist II or III to ensure accuracy of data and compliance with both policies and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Engages in monthly team and department meetings to ensure continued technical and self-development.
- Prepares and presents specific topics if requested.
- Verifies the completeness and consistency of accounting or financial transactions to ensure that controls and policies are being met.
- Trains new employees and cross-trains existing employees on daily operational functions to ensure that technical skills are transferred consistently.
- Writes and reviews department procedures to ensure procedures are up to date and accurate.
- Recommends changes if necessary.
- Verifiable high school diploma or equivalent
- AAS in Accounting/Business/Finance preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and organization skills required.