At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our Associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Since 2011, LMC has been growing to successfully develop, build, and manage apartment communities across the country. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position Requirements:
Responsible for assisting the Division Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required by corporate accounting. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the accounting department and the month end close for the division and a portfolio of assets in joint ventures. Responsible for internal and external reporting, including financial institutions and joint ventures. Coordinate joint venture audits. Assist with division business plan and projections and perform various analytical functions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meeting the timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers.
- Insures appropriateness and correctness of entries.
- Responsible for the review and/or preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint venture reports.
- Review and ensure the proper recording, maintenance, and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan agreements.
- Prepare and submit capital calls to joint venture partners based on the cash needs of the venture.
- Prepares or reviews joint venture construction loan draws.
- Coordinates and prepares schedules for annual joint venture audits and tax returns.
- Analytical comparison of business plan or forecast to actual results for both the division and the joint ventures.
- Assists with budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of division forecast and annual business plan.
- Coordinates with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and use taxes, and appeals.
- Assists with documenting and evaluating internal controls.
- Assists in supervising, training and mentoring project accountants.
- Assists in the division’s adherence to corporate policies and procedures.