Overall responsibility for the accounting operations of the Business Unit including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Business Unit’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Maintain a documented system of Business Unit accounting policies & procedures compliant with Corporate policies
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals & objectives
• Issue timely and complete Business Unit financial statements including eliminations, accounting for currency exchange and GAAP adjustments
• Responsible for Business Unit Tax support, 10K, Leases, Insurance, and various other reporting to Corporate
• Close Business Unit books, review the preliminary trial balance, exercise internal audit & Sarbanes Oxley controls. Prepare data for & assist the independent & internal auditors as required. Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
• Responsible for the Business Unit cash management, including support to cash budgeting and forecasting; Management of cash receipts and disbursements. Responsible for letters of credit, acting as liaison with Corporate Treasury Dept.
• Interface with outside auditors, internal auditors, and Corporate Accounting on exceptional matters
• Support Corporate compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Handle confidential planning data and sensitive financial data of employees, consultants and marketing representatives
• Responsible for coordination of Business Unit SOX activities and SOX compliance within the Accounting Dept
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Must be able to handle confidential planning data and sensitive financial data of employees, consultants and marketing representatives with discretion.
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Internal audit background with a sound financial focus
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum Experience: 7+ years in Finance or Accounting with long term DoD and Foreign Contracts as well as general financial managerial experience with a strong emphasis on SOX compliance and testing and financial audit planning and conduct.
• Successful candidates must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information