We have partnered with a Twin Cities based industry leader who is currently looking to add a talented Accounting Manager to their high-performing team!
Accounting Manager - Technical Accounting: The Technical Accounting Manager will work within the Corporate Controller’s organization to address relevant technical accounting and operational matters including revenue recognition, inventory matters, mergers and acquisition accounting, adoption of new standards (lease) and internal controls in the application of U.S. GAAP, and maintenance of global accounting policies.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and documentation
- Support business partners in understanding the accounting implications of operational decisions and appropriately accounting for non-routine items
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close process: prepare journal entries, analyze accounting transactions on an ad-hoc basis
- Manage accounting and disclosure for stock based compensation programs
- Assist with preparation of annual impairment analysis over goodwill and intangible assets
- Participate in special projects, including acquisitions, reorganizations and other projects as assigned
- Develop a framework for implementation of new Accounting Standards Updates including a timeline for implementation, and the relevant SOX compliance controls
- Preparation of accounting position papers and memos over significant non-routine transactions
- Facilitate internal training across accounting and business operations organizations to promote the importance of staying compliant with technical accounting matters