• A leading mechanical and plumbing company, located in the Northwest Suburbs is looking for an Assistant or Accounting Manager to join their expanding team.
• The Assistant or Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department, monitoring, and analyzing accounting data and produce financial reports, and establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles. • This is a highly visible role, working closely with leadership in the company and room for advancement.
• Besides being an ESOP company, the client offers family environment, stability, 401k, and excellent benefits.
Overview of the Assistant/Accounting Manager:
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
• month and year-end process
• accounts payable/receivable
• cash receipts
• general ledger
• cash forecasting
• revenue and expenditure variance analysis
• check run
• Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports
• Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
• Coordinate and help complete annual audits
• Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
• Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
• Meet financial accounting objectives
• Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Preferred Qualifications for the Assistant/Accounting Manager:
• 2+ yrs experience in construction either as an Accounting Manager or a senior Project Accountant.
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Excel, accounting software and databases
• Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
• Ability to direct and supervise
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance