The Director of Finance will be responsible for managing financial analysis for the business and operational units of the organization. They work with business leaders to develop and manage to financial plans. Additionally, this role is accountable for the financial performance measurement and management process. This individual will participate in developing business plans, resource modeling and financial guidance for business units, as well as provide financial/accounting support by managing and monitoring revenue and capital expense budgets. Analyzing revenues/expenditures and providing financial reporting is also a key responsibility of this role.
- Participates in developing departmental business and financial plans and sets goals and priorities based on the direction set for the unit. Follows through to ensure objectives are met.
- Provides financial/accounting support by managing and monitoring the revenue, expense, and capital expense budgets.
- Analyzes revenues and expenditures, researches variances, compiles financial data, and provides financial reporting for the business unit.
- Makes presentations of financial findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Oversees unit department costs, revenue reports, forecasts, and plans.
- Works with accounting to establish cost-accounting methodology for each business unit.
- Acts as a resource to the business providing financial analyses and recommendations regarding ways to analyze and measure financial performance, with the key goal of improving financial performance.