Our client in Downtown, Atlanta is currently hiring an Accounting Manager for a long term contract role. This Accounting Manager will have high visibility and the opportunity to spearhead and drive company initiatives/projects. This Accounting Manager will manage day to day accounting activities and lead special adhoc projects as it relates to a recent acquisition. The ideal Accounting Manager will have excellent leadership and communication skills! This person will be collaborative, detailed and high energy. The Accounting Manager opportunity has the potential to go permanent for the right person.
Responsibilities of Accounting Manager:
- Oversee and manager 4-5 Staff and Senior Accountants
- Lead the team in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Review complex entries and supporting documentation
- Review and approve account reconciliations, analysis, and certifications.
- Review and communicate detailed variance analyses to upper management
- Lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management
- Research complex accounting issues and recommend proper accounting treatment
Requirements for Accounting Manager:
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's degree and/or CPA is preferred
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Large company experience and the ability to work in a high volume environment
- Process improvement and change management experience
For immediate consideration, please apply NOW!
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 73303 when responding to this ad.