The Manager, Accounting, is an individual contributor role, assisting the Accounting Director with accounting operations and accounting projects. This position is for an experienced finance professional who will work closely with key business partners at T-Mobile, as well as members of Accounting, Financial Reporting, and the broader Finance organization. The ideal candidate must possess experience in execution of ongoing accounting functions, ability to work independently, and strong analytical and problem solving abilities. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with key stakeholders effectively and work cross functionally with various teams within Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting, including Marketing, Operations, IT, Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis.
* Prepare and/or review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis in accordance with GAAP, IFRS and DT policies and procedures.
* Plan and design business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities.
* Understand the transactional flow through the various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results.
* Advanced understanding of ERP system including sub-modules.
* May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track and report financial transactions.
* May generate ad-hoc reports for internal and/or external use.
* May interpret reports and records for managers/stakeholders.
* May be involved in reviewing, tracking and maintaining information in the financial systems, ensuring accuracy and compliance with IFRS, GAAP and other accounting regulations.
* May be involved in quarterly and annual financial audit as well as supporting SOX control program.
* Understand business drivers and their effect on financial results to ensure business changes are accurately reflected in the financial statements, analysis and communication.
* Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analyses are adequately and properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
* Ability to mine for, manipulate and manage large volumes of transactional level data.
* Use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills and knowledge of industry to resolve issues in creative and effective ways and ensure that appropriate judgment is applied. Maintains, and coordinates the implementation of accounting control procedures.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.