About the Company
Our client, located in New Haven, is an established and very well-known manufacturer, wholesaler, and distributor that has been in existence for almost 100 years! They've partnered with CFS to identify an Accounting Manager to join their team, as their current Accounting Manager has given a two-week notice.
This is an organization that very much values the importance of work/life balance, and they offer a flexible schedule.
Benefits include 401K, medical/dental benefits, and a fun/energetic work environment with happy hour on Fridays!
Job Responsibilities of Accounting Manager
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, process cost accounting, inventory control, accounts payable and receivable, and regulatory filings.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Supervise and direct AP, AR and general accounting functions
- Confirming financial status monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection,
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls