If you have the desire to help those that are less fortunate our client is devoted to exactly that. This is an opportunity to join a team that makes a difference and helps those that are in need. Be a key member of the accounting team as they are in search of an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager supports the day-to-day operations of the agency’s fiscal and accounting processes. This may include all or portions of general ledger, fixed assets, banking transactions/cash flow, accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end procedures, reporting and database maintenance.
• Review monthly transactions for accuracy, prepare and record month-end journal entries, reconcile all asset, liability, and net asset balance sheet accounts monthly.
• Maintain fixed asset database, record acquisitions and disposals, prepare and record depreciation expense monthly, reconcile all fixed asset and accumulated depreciation accounts.
• Daily monitoring of banking transactions and line of credit balance, daily monitoring of agency cash flow to assure availability of funds to meet agency financial commitments, reconcile all agency banking and investment accounts monthly.
• Research and resolve client account problems, identify and report contract billing problems for resolution, monitor past due accounts and recommend collection action as needed. Ensure all grant invoices are sent and finical reporting requirements are met as per contractual obligations.
• Establish and assure compliance with agency cash receipt procedures, assist fiscal staff with coding and accounting questions, review all agency cash receipt transactions for coding accuracy and compliance with applicable restrictions, reconcile all cash receipt batches with banking transactions and release for general ledger posting, reconcile accounting and development database cash receipt transactions monthly.
• Assist accounts payable staff by answering questions and providing guidance on the coding of transactions and serve as backup for monitoring data entry and coding accuracy.
• Assure all transactions have been posted to the appropriate accounting period, review and reclassify monthly transactions as needed, prepare and process month-end schedules and reports as needed.
• Maintain the accounting database including asset, liability and net asset, revenue. Assist in maintaining expense chart of accounts, modify financial report specifications as needed and modify budget import parameters as needed.
• Prepare and record some year-end journal entries, database year-end closing procedures, prepares year-end audit schedules, facilitates agency annual audit and other program audits, provides backup documentation, research, compile, and prepare data to complete fiscal reporting as needed.