The Accounting Manager oversees the day to day operation of the accounting department. This position is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is allocated properly and completed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with GAAP. In addition to month end close responsibilities, the Accounting Manager will perform high level analysis on critical areas of the financial statements and partner closely with the Accounting Controller and Financial Reporting department to identify and resolve issues. The manager will partner with leaders from other departments and operating companies to streamline, enhance and/or develop processes to solve business issues. In addition to managing workload and meeting deadlines, the manager is expected to develop the staff both technically and professionally. The manager is also responsible for the successful completion of the external interim and annual audit.
• Review and analyze account/bank reconciliations with staff
• Prepare account reconciliations for highly sensitive accounts
• Ensure that the monthly and year-end close conforms to company policy and GAAP
• Educate and develop accounting staff on technical and professional issues
• Strategically aligning the team to be successful - to include assignment of workload and identification of inefficiencies
• Effectively build relationships with peers, team, leadership, internal/external customers and other operating companies
- Create and communicate vision and goals for the team
- Manage interim/year-end audit and prepare information for external auditors as needed
- Assist senior accountants with balance sheet review
- Manage month-end close process involving multiple currencies
Supervisory or Management Responsibilities:
Directly manages subordinates who carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• 4+ years supervisory experience
• CPA or MBA is a plus
• Desire to lead
• Agility to quickly adapt to new systems or processes
• Public accounting or auditing experience a plus
• B.S. in Accounting
• 6+ years general ledger experience
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.