Responsibilities And Duties
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and management of the business's financial and accounting activities, including:
- Has a solid understanding of accounting, accounting theory and GAAP.
- Strong cost accounting background required for maintaining the integrity and accuracy of product cost/inventory.
- Prepare and publish weekly and monthly 'Open Order and Shipment Report'.
- Oversee 'R&D Project Accounting' for Purchasing, Labor and Inventory.
- Monthly reporting on Sales & Use tax.
- Analyze and maintain monthly balance sheet analysis' books.
- Preparation of the monthly repetitive Journal entries.
- Reconciliation of perpetual inventory to General Ledger for elected companies.
- Preparation of standard journal entries for month end close.
- Review of accounts payable vouching into general ledger.
- Periodic cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Maintain scrap reports and accountability.
- Variance analysis on monthly financial data.
- Prepare Month End Financial Reports and Packages and open month end check list.
- Year End Reporting, Analysis and working with outside Auditors.
- Ensure that all financial systems are reviewed, audited and maintained which includes but is not limited to: Receiving, Shipping, Scrap, Order Entry, Invoicing and RMA/RGA
- Review Cost Sheets/Methods, Standards and updates on a regular basis.
- Provide Analysis and reports for Department Managers for month end, year end and budgets.
- Cycle counts and Physical inventories.
- IT literate; steps in when IT personnel are not available.
- Advanced capabilities working with Excel and creating queries with report writers.
Special Projects And Assignments
- Prepare Monthly Reports for the President (AHRI, product line, Financial..)
- Ensure closed work orders are reviewed and corrected for correct material issues; should be done every two weeks during the month and all closed work orders are corrected by the morning after month end.
- Verify with A/P that all checks have been cut for month end and all cancelled checks are put in before running all company outstanding checks listings for month end.
- Reconcile and record for all companies the temp labor expenses.
- Special projects and on the fly reports
- Support Sales and Marketing for their required reports as needed or requested.