The TMX Finance ® Family of Companies is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team in Carrollton TX for Fixed Assets/Leasing. You would be part of a vital and collaborative team that works daily to successfully manage the financial aspects of our business. Our Accounting Team processes the organization's balance sheet and analyzes financial statements in comparison to the budget to help business partners understand the findings and ensure accuracy. Your leadership skills coupled with your understanding of accounting processes, compliance needs, and internal controls would be the keys to your success and would help our business leaders make better financial decisions, impacting the Company's overall bottom line.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage a team of Staff Accountants as well as the full cycle Accounting process, providing direction and oversight to the Accounting staff for the maintenance and operational activities of the General Ledger.
Manage the monthly accounting calendars including fiscal year end, functional management of the accounting system such as journal entry processing, review of accruals, account reconciliations, financial system diagnostic management, and other reporting and analysis required.
Drive continuous business process improvement, primarily through the use of technologies, but also by striving to streamline and implement efficiencies in accounting processes.
Manage projects through their life-cycle, resolving issues and escalation of risks as needed.
Ensure that all SOX controls are being applied properly.
Maintain responsibility for Flux analysis, reviewing month-end schedules for reporting; and for writing, maintaining, preparing and/or reviewing monthly consolidated financial statements and related reports.
Ensure compliance with GAAP, as well as that all SOX controls are being applied properly.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant experience in accounting, preferably with knowledge in the area of Fixed Assets and/or Lease Accounting; managing high volume full cycle accounting
- Prior supervisory experience is required with a proven ability to coach/mentor the team
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in written correspondence with team members internally as well as other departments
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, fund accounting, and internal accounting controls
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Great Plains and Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong technical knowledge
- Experience with Oracle
- ERP Conversion experience
LEARN MORE ABOUT US
The Accounting Manager is a member of the Accounting Team, a dynamic group comprised of multi-taskers and problem solvers. To learn more, visit us at https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/careers/top-talent/finance.
To learn what is going on in our Company, visit https://www.tmxfinancefamily.com/tmx-talks.
Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements and use of mechanical controls, such as keyboard, are frequently required. All TMX Finance® Family of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.