Accounting Manager –Transaction Accounting (KC28743)
Our client, a professional services company, is currently looking for an Accounting Manager to join their fast-growing team! This unique and interesting position will be responsible for the organization, closing and accounting for company acquisitions. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization. The company boasts a team-oriented culture with good work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed. The pride themselves on promoting from within and helping their employees grow.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for all transactional accounting collaborating with portfolio accounting, portfolio companies, legal teams and operating partners and third-party managers. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The Accounting Manager will record and analyze the company’s financial information and ensure it’s done in a timely manner.
• Prepare financial reports and examine documentation in conformance with accounting principles and requirements.
• Review newly executed purchase and sale agreements and understand/investigate any accounting consequences as well as the impact of prorations.
• Calculate prorations on transactions for inclusion in the closing statement based on the purchase and sale agreement.
• Participate in pre/post acquisition/disposition conference calls; establish closing timeline for deliverables with property managers and hold them accountable.
• For property acquisitions, prepare or review purchase price allocation entries for new properties acquired.
• Draft and finalize internal closing statement to be distributed to the buyer, seller and title company (reconcile to title company statement); coordinate internal team and buyer review/approval prior to closing.
• Supervise accounting staff.
• The Accounting Manager will assist with other duties and ad hoc reporting as needed.