$60,000.00 to $80,000.00 per yearACCOUNTING MANAGER - Environmentally conscious manufacturer in the Perimeter Mall area
My client, a growth-oriented manufacturer located in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta, is seeking an Accounting Manager
to join their team for an immediate, direct-hire opportunity. This role will be responsible for overseeing cost accounting, inventory, and month end close. This is a new position open due to growth and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. If you are a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager looking to join a company that offers growth and career development, then this is the opportunity for you. POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate the adequacy of cost accounting systems, policies and procedures, and evaluate other accounting and production systems, policies and procedures in reference to cost accounting.
- Monitor compliance of policies and procedures with outside agencies.
- Oversee the forecasting of inventory levels and manage quarterly physical inventories.
- Direct overhead cost allocations.
- Interpret and report rate change impact on inventories.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Initiate and/or analyze cost accounting system requests, identify alternatives, make recommendations and implement approved requests.
- Evaluate the need for special cost studies and analysis. Direct study preparations, interpret results of all studies, reports, etc., and make presentations to management.
- Interface with other departments to provide cost accounting support.
- Explains cost accounting systems, policies and procedures. Assist in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Manage and develop direct junior/senior level professional and clerical personnel in assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. MBA preferred.
- Formal training in Cost Accounting
- 8+ years? experience with specialized accounting in a medium/large manufacturing company
- Experience with management information systems
- Knowledgeable about Lean Manufacturing processes
- People management experience
- Ability to relate cost accounting concepts to operations, and the financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and develop solutions for complex and diverse problems
- Effective written and communication skills
- Self-motivated, achievement oriented with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Please submit your formal and confidential resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
for consideration. My client is looking to move quickly, so please don't hesitate submitting your resume for consideration.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888-490-5461 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
$60,000.00 - $80,000.00 /Year