Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will manage all day to day operations of the Accounting function. The position requires a professional with strong general ledger, cost accounting, and analytical skills along with a working knowledge of internal controls and the ability to be hands-on with all financial aspects of the Company's ERP system. The accounting manager will make recommendations to improve and/or develop company policies and procedures and collaborate with the management to streamline financial operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
- Monthly and year-end closing processes including preparation of journal entries
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Inventory, job costing, and related analysis
- All aspects of accounts payable and accounts receivable processing
- Credit and collection activities
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Working with external audit firm in support of the Company's annual audit
- Daily cash flow and cash management
- Collaborating with the Company's suppliers and customers, as necessary.
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments including manufacturing operations, procurement, sales and IT.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Advanced degree or CPA a plus. At least 7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical Skills: Strong computer acumen. Working knowledge of enterprise-wide software and ad hoc reporting tools (SQL and Crystal Reports) a plus. Prior experience with Infor Visual Manufacturing a big plus. Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Operational Skills: Strong working knowledge of GAAP financial analysis data communication skills.
- Personal Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and perform multiple tasks. Able to work independently but within a team-oriented environment. Good written and oral communications. A desire to grow in the job, be challenged and take on additional responsibilities.