We are working on an Accounting Manager role in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
(This role is remote however, they must be able to dive into the office if needed).
This company has excellent benefits, Full Pension, Matching 401K, and all Federal holidays!
Pay will start between 70K- 95K, Plus Bonus.
This role is planned to turn into a controller role in 2-4 years. If you are looking for career growth, this is an amazing opportunity to pursue!
The primary purpose of the position is to manage the Accounting team and department's day-to-day responsibilities. This position serves as the primary support and backup to the Chief Financial Officer
Specific Job Functions:
- Manage and direct the activities of Accounting Associates to ensure the accurate and timely balancing and posting of transactions, maintenance of general ledger and subsidiary accounts, and the preparation and review of general ledger and deposit account reconciliations.
- Oversee the maintenance and reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers (Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, etc.) consistent with credit union policy.
- Manages the Account Payable process, including processing vendor invoices and Expense Report processing.
- Directs the review process of month-end closing with assistance from Accountants and the CFO. Prepares and reviews closing entries and adjustments.
- Manages Financial Reporting Process with assistance from Accountants and the CFO. Reports include Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Regulatory Ratios, Budget to Actual Comparative Reporting, New Loan Activity, Delinquency Reporting, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance and updating of ProfitStars accounting and modeling system.
- Responsible for coordination of the ACH Audit and preparation of work papers.
- Manages Balance Sheet Reconciliation Program, prepares reconciliations, and reviews reconciliations prepared by others for accuracy.
- Manages Accounting Operations projects. Works with team to identify and implement process improvements that enhance productivity and efficiency and control or reduce expenses.
- Promotes an empowerment culture. Holds staff meetings on a regular basis to communicate department and/or credit union vision, strategies and changes.
- Collaborates with team members to develop individual and departmental goals and ensures goals and development plans are complete, accurate, and updated in the performance management system. Completes quarterly coaching and performance review meetings and recommends salary adjustments, promotions, and additional training and development. Provides ongoing coaching and regular feedback and recognition of staff members.
- Attend department and corporate meetings, training, and conferences.
Minimal Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA, MBA, CMA certification preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in accounting, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledgeable about Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for financial institutions and bank regulatory requirements including ACH rules and regulations.