About the Company
Our client, a multi-national and publicly traded company, is looking to add an Accounting Manager. This organization is a leader in their industry, and promotes great company culture as well as career growth. The incumbent will be a key-leader in the accounting/finance group, as he or she will oversee all corporate accounting and reporting activities (internal and external), and will develop a team. If you are a CPA with both public accounting and SEC exposure in your background this could be a great opportunity for you!
Job Responsibilities of Accounting Manager
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, develop and mentor staff, acquisition due diligence, and regulatory filings.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Oversee SEC reporting
- Research, interpret and apply accounting guidelines
- Consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Confirming financial status monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection,
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Act as a liaison with both internal and external auditors
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal control