About the Company
Our client, located in Milford, CT is an up and coming construction company seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team! This organization has seen great success over the past few years and plans on expanding significantly. The firm boasts a team-oriented culture with perks such as Summer Friday's, catered lunches, and four weeks PTO!
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred), advanced knowledge of Excel, and hands-on accounting managerial experience.
Job Responsibilities of Accounting Manager
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting department including general ledger, financial reporting, process cost accounting, inventory control, accounts payable and receivable, and regulatory filings.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Supervise and direct AP, AR and general accounting functions
- Confirming financial status monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection,
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls