The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the accounting department. This role will also serve as a consultant for managers within the Company, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervise the accounting procedures of the company.
• Audit the work of the accounting department.
• Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting.
• Develop policies, systems, special financial studies, etc. of major importance.
• Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
• Ensure compliance with the financial procedures of the organization.
• Work with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant internal effect or minor external effect.
• Perform other duties as assigned by reporting manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Analytical: Ability to collect and interpret data. Ability to research and problem solve independently.
• Problem Solving: Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and work well in group solving situations.
• Technical Skills: Assess own strengths and weaknesses, pursue training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills, share expertise with others.
•Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities, exhibit objectivity and openness to others views, able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Attention to detail.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
•Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, preferred
• Minimum of fifteen years of prior work experience
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Knowledge of QuickBooks
• Excellent communication and verbal skills
• Strong ability to work independently and remain self-motivated with minimal direct supervision
• Excellent ability to analyze data timely, efficiently, effectively and multi-task projects/assignments
• Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization
• Excellent ability to identify business process improvements and report existing deficiencies
• Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
Position comes with a generous benefits package and a discretionary year end profit sharing bonus.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected classification under federal and state law.