Our client is a fast paced, dynamic, financial services organization headquartered on the northwest side of Chicago. Their finance team is searching for a bar-raising financial accounting professional who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The Accounting Manager - Internal Controls will provide internal control and technical accounting guidance to our finance team.
This position will focus on External Financial Reporting / Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance programs. Responsibilities include enhancing and leveraging internal/ external partnerships to assist the team lead with the annual program plan and the execution of the plan as well as all process improvement initiatives. This role will require a deep understanding and experience with all aspects of internal controls including financial information technology systems for a complex, high-growth stage, multi-disciplinary organization. Requirements for this position also include extensive knowledge the COSO 2013 framework and SEC/PCAOB regulations, as well as the demonstrated ability to design and monitor an effective risk-based internal control environment.
We are currently looking for senior manager/ experienced manager level candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held a similar position within the advisory practice of a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 3 or more years. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 10+ years of professional experience. Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
- Degree in accounting from an accredited and top-tier institution
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements and ability to assist with documentation of ITGC and financial process controls to support operational as well as SOX compliance audits, including performing walkthroughs and developing process flow charts
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk