ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a well-established, multifaceted engineering firm that is looking for an Accounting Manager to join their team.
• The organization has been successfully operating for over two decades.
• Has continually been featured as one of the best places to work in Connecticut.
• Recognized for being one of the fastest growing service companies in their industry.
• Dedicated to delivering cost-effective solutions that maximize overall customer success.
• Uses top technology to provide superior expertise under the highest safety standards.
• A sought-after collaborative team environment.
• A polished group of bright and talented individuals.
• Offers attractive benefits packages to their employees.
• Has a casual work environment with billiards on site!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER:
- The Accounting Manager will supervise employees performing financial reporting, accounting, billing, collections, payroll, and budgeting duties.
- Responsible for managing inventory
- The Accounting Manager will prepare financial statements and facilitate the monthly close process.
- Oversee a 4 person accounting team.
- Oversee and execute the closing process of US GAAP-based financial statements, comparing actual against budget, and complete a variance analysis for major discrepancies.
- The Accounting Manager is responsible for budgeting and forecasting.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of cash management and cash flow forecasting.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER ROLE:
- BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills
- ERP system experience
Keywords: accounting, accountant, accounting manager, operations, finance, financial analysis, financial reporting, management