Accounting Manager / General Ledger Accounting Manager
Critical to the needs of our Accounting Department, the Accounting Manager will assist in the preparation of financial and accounting reports for senior management and the executive team. This position is 'hands-on' and will require the person to both perform tasks and supervise accounting staff as directed.
In return, we offer a highly-competitive market-based salary, comprehensive health insurance benefits and excellent work-life balance. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset, professional confidence, and a collaborative leadership style.
- Perform and participate in month-end close procedures (account reconciliations, journal entries, fixed assets, department overhead/expense reviews, WIP review meetings, etc.).
- Assistant in managing monthly, quarterly, and annual close process.
- Assist with the documentation of current procedures, modifying where necessary to implement better controls while increasing efficiencies.
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements; monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to the Consolidations and Reporting group.
- Oversee accounting staff including Staff Accountants.
- Work in a SOX-compliant environment and maintain controls surrounding the key processes impacting the division and parent company.
- Ensure the accounting staff is preparing financial information monthly/quarterly/annually using approved company financial reporting tools and in compliance with accounting principles and Company policies and procedures.
- Assist with establishing departmental goals and objectives that support company initiatives.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, current knowledge of US GAAP.