Accounting Manager-Financial Services
About the Company and the Accounting Manager role:
- Leading Investment firm in the Greater Hartford area that has been in business for over 30years. Regarded as a solid reputable firm in the industry with a global presence.
- Highly stable and high growth environment - company has continued to raise capital and doubled in growth in the last 4 years.
- Newly created role as a result on increase business transactions.
- Small company feel, keeping you close to the financial markets without the high working hours demanded in general in this industry. Quality of life, ability to remain close to the financial network, and work with a team of former Big4 professionals.
- The Accounting Manager role will have high visibility, with an ability to enhance overall operational processes.
- The team is a network of professionals who are well regarded, working toward a common goal. Majority of them are comprised of former Big4/Large Regional CPA's.
- Company is focused on remaining safe during the pandemic and continues to encourage work from home till January of 2021 (for now)
About the Accounting Manager role:
- Supervise analysts and associates
- Preparation of weekly cash forecasts, monthly financial packages and assist with annual budget.
- Point person for audits, including preparing work papers for external auditors.
- Perform detailed review of quarterly investment report valuations (gains and losses)
- Review documentation for quarterly investor reports
- Perform detailed review of journal entries and financial statements for complex fund vehicles including waterfall allocations
- Prepare and review investor capital call and distribution calculations
- Participate on investment update calls and prepare/review memo summary
Preferred Qualifications of the Accounting Manager:
- S. Accounting/Finance. CPA or CFA highly preferred.
- Mix of public accounting and relevant private funds experience (heavy financial analysis of private funds) with a PE firm, or RE firm.
- Experienced in waterfall allocations