ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a leading global manufacturing and distribution organization located in the Greater Hartford area. They are seeking a dynamic Accounting Manager to join their fast-growing accounting and finance team!
• The organization has been in business for over six decades and continues to expand.
• The company has brought in over one billion dollars in revenue and counting.
• Believes in supporting local food pantries, health organizations and education programs.
• A great opportunity for someone looking for growth, as the company continues to venture into new business ideas.
• A collaborative group of individuals who provide mentoring and support.
• A flexible schedule that allows for work-life balance.
• Additional employee perks including complementary parking!
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER:
- The Accounting Manager will supervisor a staff of 4 and act as the first line of defense on the floor.
- Approve and review journal entries and account reconciliations.
- The Accounting Manager will be responsible for monthly, quarterly and year end closing duties.
- Responsible for cash management.
- The Accounting Manager will oversee the annual audit process.
- Monitor inventory and oversee cost accounting activities.
- Act as the intermediary for auditor requests.
- Ensure processes are being performed accurately and enforce company deadlines.
- The Accounting Manager will assign applicable work and monitor progress.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE ACCOUNTING MANAGER ROLE:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- Relevant accounting experience - Public accounting experience a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- Understanding of financial statements
- Strong understanding of general accounting processes and procedures
Keywords: accounting, accountant, accounting manager, operations, finance, financial analysis, financial reporting, management