Our client is in need of an Accounting Coordinator to join their team on a direct hire basis. The responsibilities of the role are listed below:
Coordinate the accounts payable functions.
Maintain vendor files in automated accounting system including 1099 information and 1099 reporting.
Process vendor invoices, employee reimbursement/expenses, and intercompany payments on a weekly basis and petty cash fund replenishment as needed, including proper assignment of account numbers.
Transfer and post accounts payable data files to the general ledger.
Prepare and maintain accounts payable documentation files.
Ensure all bill payments, reimbursement requests, and funds replenishment are timely and follow Nexus policy and procedures.
Initiate and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding accounts payable issues.
Review and ensure all credit card charges have sufficient back up that is in line with corporate policies.
Send positive pay files to the bank.
Assist with banking functions.
Process cash receipts through remote deposit.
Prepare deposit reports for intercompany entries.
Prepare benefits funding requirements spreadsheet.
Participate in the external audit function for the corporate Finance department.
Prepare and present documentation regarding accounts payable for the annual audit.
Maintain positive communication with corporate and site personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrate sound accounting principles with in-depth knowledge of accounts payable function, and ensure attention to detail to maintain the integrity of financial records, and requisite monthly journal entries.
- Possess solid computer skills (particularly in Excel and Word) and knowledge of accounting systems to enable the efficient generation of required financial reports.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to generate required support documentation and to effectively convey ideas to internal and external contacts.
- Exhibit a spirit of cooperation among co-workers and comply with corporate and site policies and procedures.
- Recognize work that needs to be accomplished and demonstrate initiative to take action in completing tasks with/without the assistance of other support staff.
- Display ethical conduct and professionalism at all times with internal staff and residents and with external visitors.
- Interact with and appreciate people from diverse cultures, socio-economic and religious backgrounds.
- Remain current on all required training and certifications.
- Adhere to department procedures regarding punctuality and attendance and exhibit flexibility and cooperation with shift scheduling and rotation needs.
Education, Credentials and Experience
- Associates degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years related work experience required, 5 years of related work experience preferred.
- Excellent keyboarding skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel and familiarity with various accounting software packages required.