Immediate opening for an energetic, conscientious, organized, and detail-oriented individual who has a strong work ethic. Must have a high level of patience, be a self-starter, and be able to both accept and provide feedback in an open and professional manner.
If you are motivated, resilient, and conscientious APPLY NOW!!
We have a Property Management Company with an accounting staff who handles the accounting for our individual properties. Our properties are owned by various LLCs we have setup, and so taxes are complex due the number of LLCs as well as the number of investors involved in the LLCs. As a result, we have a CPA firm who handles our Federal and State taxes. Because of the Property Management accounting staff and our CPA firm, we do not have a need for a full-time accountant on staff. However, we do need someone who will collect the data we need to communicate to both groups and to coordinate between the two groups during key activities (i.e. tax season preparation, tax return accuracy checks, etc.).
There will also be an administrative component to the responsibilities of the person in this role, as much of our work involves forms to be completed, tracking of complex tasks, and legal documentation.
The Accounting Coordinator will work from our main office in Dallas, TX. The position is a full-time position (contract to hire or permanent). He or she will report to the Director of Operations and coordinate financial and accounting related tasks.This individual will also assist with equity raises and special projects, as needed.
The Accounting Coordinator will interface with all team members, including those not in Dallas.
Annual Taxes: Collect data and documentation for annual taxes. Coordinate and track annual tax process. Check tax returns and form K-1s for accuracy. o Track all tax impacts throughout the year related to our properties that will be provided to the CPA on the annual K-1 spreadsheet.
- Keep our Investor Management Software updated throughout the year with capital contributions, distributions, etc.
- Manage and run distributions to all investors for all properties with oversight of Project Coordinator. Ensure distributions are processed end-to-end correctly in banking system, Investor Management Software, and that all checks required are cut and mailed out.
- Coordinate Cost Segregation studies in the 4th quarter by working with Principal to request the studies, completing/submitting all required paperwork, tracking completion of all studies, and submitting all documents received to our CPA.
Coordinate the tax process throughout the year by:
Tracking all steps in the tax season process (both Federal and State) for every property, following up on missed actions, and ensuring all documentation is stored properly and consistently.
- Obtaining and updating our taxes spreadsheet for our CPA to use to process taxes
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is uploaded to the CPA throughout the year, including legal documents, settlements and narratives, etc.
- Working with Principal and Director of Operations to review tax returns.
- Complete a review of every k-1 generated and works with CPA on the corrections process.
- Upload k-1's to investor portal and ensure communications are sent to investors throughout the tax process
Assist with Property taxes:
- Assist the Project Coordinator with property tax protest coordination by completing paperwork and running reporting required.
- Assist the Project Coordinator with tracking refunds received
- Manage bank deposits and communicate deposits with appropriate parties.
- Property Invoices: Manage all property invoices received and ensure payments are made in a timely manner by the Property Management Company.
- Annual Property Financial Reporting for Lenders: Assist Project Coordinator with annual property financial reporting.
- Fair Market Values for Self-Directed IRAs: Assist the Project Coordinator with generation of reporting and form completion required to provide Fair Market Valuations to Self-Directed IRA companies and/or investors.
- Equity Raises for New Properties: Participate in document review of investor paperwork for legal compliance and accuracy through completion of equity raise. Professionally handle calls and email communications with investors to resolve open issues.
- Special Projects: Assist the Director of Operations with special projects.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A college degree in Accounting or Finance, a degree involving coursework in Accounting or Finance, or relevant work experience.
- Prior work experience involving accounting (preferred).
- Ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to adjust to and learn new software rapidly, as we work with many different databases daily.
- Superior organizational skills and accuracy.
- Excellent problem solving and people skills.
- Experience in real estate is preferred, but not required.
Apply today for immediate consideration
Position will lead to permanent employment.
ACCOUNTING NOW is one of the fastest growing financial recruitment companies in the country. We specialize in matching financial professionals with the right contract or full-time job opportunities in finance, banking and accounting careers. Our clients are many of the country's top financial firms and corporate departments. Accounting Now, and its full-time placement division, SNI Financial, can help you build your career