A restaurant company in Orlando is hiring an Accounts Payable Accountant to join their team!
This role coordinates the daily Accounts Payable processing, research and accounting functions with the objective of providing timely vendor payments in a controlled environment with highly productive offshore and onshore teams.
- Coordinate the daily operations of the offshore Accounts Payable team. This includes monitoring productivity, providing remote training and assessments, performing audits of completed work and providing direction to support priorities.
- Provide invoice processing support to onsite invoice keyers and approvers, this includes resolving payment problems, providing training and monitoring transactions for compliance with company guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Prepare weekly summary of KPIs and provide meaningful analysis to management along with recommendations for streamlining the existing processes.
- Maintain strong vendor relationships through effective communication, monitoring and review of the process for posting the consolidated invoices.
- Perform general accounting duties, examples include balancing sub ledgers and general ledgers, analyzing restaurant level utility expenses and preparing journal entries in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and with respective supporting documentation with an understanding of the financial statement impact.
- Perform period close accounting duties including preparation of general ledger reconciliations, posting accruals, managing period close checklist and general oversight to ensure all Accounts Payable transactions are posted correctly and timely.
- Provide periodic support and problem resolution to third party utility bill processor. This includes reviewing monthly utility cost trends, researching exceptions, proposing adjustments and addressing P&L questions initiated by restaurants' operational leaders.
- Collaborate with other team members within Accounts Payable and other Departments (i.e. Corporate Reporting, Treasury, Finance) to ensure efficient processing of accounts payable transactions.
- Support the Accounts Payable Sr. Manager and Supervisor with special projects as requested and serve as a backup resource for the team.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.