Amalgamated Bank seeks a full-time Accounting Controls Manager to work under the guidance of and assist the Assistant Controller in preparing and reporting financial statements conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. The main role is to ensure the data integrity of the general ledger and related subsystems. Ensuring integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of financial statements; monitor and strengthen internal controls and related documentation; ensure policy compliance; manage, develop and mentor professional staff. This position is based in our headquarters in the Chelsea section of New York City.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages monthly general ledger (GL) closing process
- Manages GL Account Mappings and its maintenance
- Designs and implements efficiencies involving Excel and external applications for the Reconciliation & Control Accounting Processes
- Manages accounting group reconciliations
- Manages bank-wide reconciliation workflows
- Manages deposit balances and product mapping
- Manages trust department income and expense accounting
- Supports related GAAP and regulatory financial reporting requirements
- Supervises staff
- Performs special projects or analyses as directed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Tax, Audit or Finance; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting industry either in public accounting or private sector
- Advanced MS Excel skills (including vlookup, sumif, pivot tables & macros) and proficiency in accounting software packages desirable; Axiom preferred
- Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm beneficial
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational, time management, and leadership skills
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
View our Pay Transparency Statement.
Submission of a resume or any information regarding your qualifications does not constitute a promise or offer of employment. At Amalgamated Bank, we consider an applicant to be someone who has interviewed at least once, in person, with the hiring manager. Amalgamated Bank does not sponsor applicants for work visas.