ABOUT THE COMPANY & OPPORTUNITY
Our client is a leading national distributor that is well known for their top-notch service and products. They are currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their growing accounting and finance team.
- A privately held, entrepreneurial environment that values high quality customer service.
- The organization has been in operation for over 30 years and has since experienced a tremendous amount of growth.
- The company focuses on using advanced technology in order to stay competitive.
- A diverse team that is highly motivated and energetic.
- A great opportunity for someone looking for a stable, long term career.
- This role is highly visible to management and offers opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Great benefits given to full time employees, including discount on gym membership!
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ACCOUNTING CLERK:
- The Accounting Clerk will process and post all incoming payments; lockbox, manual checks, credit and wire payments.
- Deposit manual checks with the bank.
- The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for investigating discrepancies between cash receipts and invoice amounts.
- Initiate collections for credit and wire payments.
- Daily posting of accounts payable invoices.
- The Accounting Clerk will prepare and schedule vendor payments.
- Sort mail and respond to customer inquiries.
- Manage travel expense reimbursements.
- The Accounting Clerk will reconcile vendor account balances and respond to vendor questions.
- Compile and maintain records, and other projects as needed.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ACCOUNTING CLERK POSITION INCLUDE:
- Previous AP/AR Experience
- Strong Excel skills
- A self-starter who can work well independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills