Processing accounts payable invoices and cash application
Cash Application :
- Process incoming check payments from AR customers and prepare daily check deposits
- Verify and balance both checks and credit card deposit totals
- Apply both check and credit card payments to AR customer's accounts in accordance with the customer's remittance advice
- Process AR adjustment requests and update unapplied payment list accordingly
- Provide support to AR and billing department on issues relating to application of payments
- Process departmental invoice requests, provide for data entry into accounting system, generate and distribute invoices to customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries and correspond
- Record payments received against customer accounts in subsidiary ledger.
- Assist with collections of outstanding or past due customer accounts.
- Process accounts payable invoices, both inventory and expense invoices, in an accurate manner according to company's policies and procedures
- Review and reconcile vendor's statements
- Communicate with vendors in regards to payment status and invoice requests as needed
- Maintain good payment history on net 30 term accounts with vendors
- Ensure term discounts are taken in a timely manner
- Review and process check requests in compliance with company's policies and internal controls
- Prepare weekly AP reports
• File and store accounting records .
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Detail oriented
- 2 years experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Proficient at Excel
- Good listening and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Good time management
- General math skills
- 10 Key by touch
M-F Full time