A Construction company in Orange County is looking for an Accounting Clerk to give support to accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; running software programs.
Some daily responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run multiple accounting software programs (ERP) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company's daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounting Clerk
- Familiarity with basic bookkeeping  and accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Excel, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.