Our client, a non-profit organization located in the St. Charles area, is currently seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their growing team! The hours for this position are 7am-4: 30pm, Monday-Thursday (36 hours over a 4 day work week). This is a temp-to-hire opportunity that pays $13.75 per hour upon permanent placement - candidate's are also eligible for benefits including Medical, Dental, 401k.
This position consists of performing routine calculating, posting, filing, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
- Prepare and check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper coding
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or software
- Code documents according to company procedures;
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures;
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations;
- Prepare bank deposits and reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records
- Scanning and filing
- College degree or equivalent bookkeeping/accounting experience
- 1-3 years of business related experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.