The available position will perform general accounting tasks, providing support for both accounts payable and accounts receivable. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to review figures, postings, and documents for correct entry and mathematical accuracy. The position will participate in the preparation, maintenance and distribution of various statistical, financial, accounting, and auditing reports, while ensuring that all files and records are organized and maintained in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Review and enter vendor invoices for payment with proper expense allocation.
- Prepare weekly check run.
- Process customer payments and account adjustments.
- Prepare daily bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Research and respond to customer, vendor and internal inquiries.
- Process credit card payments and maintain details on deposits into company bank account.
- Manage documents including filing and scanning.
- Run daily sales analysis reports.
- Maintain fixed asset schedule and inventory spreadsheets.
- Post journal entries in conjunction with the month-end closing process.
- Distribute annual 1099 forms.
- Maintain spreadsheet tracking employee vacation and sick time.
- Provide support during annual audits.
- Participate in physical inventory process.
- Assist other departments, as needed.
- Execute special projects and assignments as circumstances dictate.
Qualifications and Skills
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Experience with Excel
- Strong data entry skills
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Detail oriented
- Well organized
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
Given the nature of our business we operate a secured facility. To qualify for employment candidates must pass a thorough credit and security background check.
- Salaried Position
- Medical - arvard Pilgriim Heallthcarejjfjf Tufts - paid 80% by Company
- Dental - BCBS - paid 80% by Company
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment - paid 100% by Company
- Short-Term Disability - paid 100% by Company
- Long-Term Disability - paid 100% by Company
- 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan - 3 to 5% of compensation contributed by the Company
- Flex Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care
- Pre-tax Commuter Choice Account
- Vacations - After six months, one week. After a year, 2 weeks. After two years, 3 weeks. Thereafter it rises proportionately to 4 weeks after nine years.
- Holidays - Ten paid per year
- Sick - After 90 days employment, a maximum of five days per year, paid
- Bereavement Leave - For an immediate family member, up to three days.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)