ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, headquartered in Fairfield, is a growing organization. Their portfolio includes branches all over New England, and was recently listed on Forbes list of Most Admired Companies! They've engaged CFS to identify an Accounting Clerk, as they've experienced recent growth and are planning on expanding the Accounting Department.
The Accounting Clerk will report directly to the Controller - there are 20 people total in their Accounting team, and they need more! The ideal candidate will be sharp, eager, and comfortable working in a business professional environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTING CLERK:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.