CSI Financial is looking for a Payroll Accounting Specialist for a longstanding client located on the Southside part of Jacksonville, Florida. The Payroll Accounting Specialist will be working primarily with the Payroll Manager and Accounts Payable Manager to facilitate day to day functions of each team.
Starting Pay: $18-21/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Expedite payment of invoices accurately
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2, W-2c, etc)
- Data entry of direct deposit changes and earning deduction
- Update and reconcile monthly bank statements from ADP
- Ability to answer standard employee pay questions and/or discrepancies
- Validate workers compensation and PTO records
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting or combination of experience in related field and education
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable or Payroll experience
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, ADP Workday preferred