Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine analysis functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, and reporting. Responsible for process improvements, standardizing and streamlining procedures, creating written desktop procedures, training, metrics for reported results, research and correction of reconciliation discrepancies and special projects.
*** This position is part of the Corporate Statutory Accounting team based in Scottsdale, AZ. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience and possess very strong Microsoft Excel skills and extensive experience mining data/manipulating large data sets.
• Responsible for reconciliations of internal accounting data, performing research, and resolving variances as needed.
• Actively pursues process improvements.
• Performs analysis of preliminary reporting results to determine the reasonableness/accuracy of amounts.
• Research and resolve discrepancies on general ledger accounts/production systems related to area of responsibility.
• Provides input to management team and proposes recommendations to maximize production efficiencies by assisting with implementation of standards and streamlining processes.
• Gather and prepare metrics to monitor transaction level results
• Analyzes offshore production against Service Level Agreements (SLA) to identify issues with substandard quality, turnaround time and productivity and suggest solutions to management team.
• Assignments are high complexity in nature, usually requiring significant originality and ingenuity.
• Issue resolution: errors may have business and financial impact, must be able to communicate and determine resolution.
• Understands the need for and embraces change. Acts as a change agent, challenges the “status quo.”
• Responsive to changing environments and demonstrates “flex” in style and work methods.
Supervision Received or Extended
• Partners with management to identify goals that will result in betterment of the reporting process and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish those goals.
• A wide degree or creativity and latitude is required.