The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Accountant for our client located in the San Antonio, TX area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 -5 with some OT
The Accountant performs a variety of moderately to highly complex Accounts Payable accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Escheats uncashed checks in accordance with state guidelines.
- Coordinates testing and automation of systems. Develops test cases and documents results.
- Files IRS Tax form 1099 Misc annually and prepares 1099s for the Board of Directors.
- Facilitates payments between Companies and Logistics LLC and works with various departments to ensure intercompany transactions are balanced at month-end.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
- May provide Accounts Payable accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
- May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
- Complex invoice review, and reconciliation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 4 years accounting/finance experience
- 3 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement initiatives preferred.
- SAP experience required.
- Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, and ledgers and journals
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in using accounting or related systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze complex accounting information
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork
- Ability to effectively interact with management