CSI Financial is actively seeking an Accountant for our client located in Glen Allen, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established mortgage banking firm!
*Weekly pay provided and health, dental and vision insurance offered!
The Accountant's primary focus is general accounting operations including:
- Accounting deliverables are expected to be completed timely, accurately with focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and articulate the end to end life-cycle of assigned accounting process.
- Ensure procedures and accounting policy guidelines are adhered to when performing your work, as measured through quality checks by management/team leader.
- Understand and comply with regulatory requirements that impact your work including state and federal laws.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.