The CSI Companies is currently seeking an Accountant with one of our clients in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Please review description and requirements below.
- The Probate Trust and Management (PTM) Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and updating the valuations for all estate and trust files in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and to provide accurate and timely financial reporting for management.
- FUNCTIONS: Determine the income and restriction classification for estate and trust files in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and update financial valuations for all estate and trust files following procedures and processes.
- Input valuation data into the accounting system.
- Serve as the financial subject matter expert for PTM files and reports.
- Prepare year-end audit and other ad-hoc financial reports.
- Contact financial institutions when necessary to request financial information or clarification with complex matters.
- Prepare assumption rates related to reserves, real estate, discount and investments.
- Serve as a reviewer/preparer for large accruals and/or complex files
- Work with internal and external legal counsel to determine financial impact of legal proceedings.
- Inform management on potential implications to policy and procedure changes.
- Review periodic fluctuation reports to identify large or unusual shifts in accruals.
- Periodically review, update and make changes to review processes and procedures.
- Execute month-end closing.
- Prepare quarterly reports and reviews for reconciliation purposes.
REQUIREMENTS:• Exercise independent judgment and be able to explain and defend position taken to manager, attorneys, and auditors
• Ability to identify relevant information from brokerage and investment statements for financial valuations • Understanding of legal trust and estate documents and ability to identify key provisions • Understanding of probate and trust proceedings • Understanding of financial present value calculation • Excellent computer skills with advanced Excel knowledge to perform financial present value and annuity calculations • Excellent analytical and organizational skills • NetSuite and Salesforce knowledge • bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance required • 4+ years of relevant work experience required Preferred experience: • Non-profit accounting • Trust department accounting or analyst • Legal firm accounting or analyst • Brokerage/ Investment accounting or analyst • CPA or on CPA track