The CSI Companies is currently seeking an Accountant I with one of our clients in Buffalo, New York. Please review description and requirements below. This is a great opportunity to join an expanding team!
Our client is seeking candidates that can interview and get started immediately. All candidates must complete and pass a Background check, drug screening, and other health screenings if required.
Because The CSI Companies is a cut above the typical staffing firm, we understand that an attractive benefits package is an important aspect of recruiting above-average W-2 contractors to serve our clients. Our benefits package includes weekly pay, direct deposit availability, multiple healthcare plans to include vision, dental, disability options, 401K and holiday and paid time off.
Using skills education and knowledge perform routine accounting and analytical functions necessary for preparing corporate financial statements maintaining general ledger accounts and producing reports required by management and external agencies.
- Perform daily and/or monthly routine accounting entries related to all aspects of the general ledger including asset liability and capital accounts by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements such as balance sheet profit and loss or other reports by collecting summarizing and analyzing account information.
- Performs monthly reconciliations for selected general ledger accounts and acts on unresolved items in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with MAR.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information; substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Participates in the planning implementation and testing of computer system functionality for both existing and any new systems.
- Excellent time management skills Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Accounting knowledge and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of Statutory (SAP)and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Technical acumen and ability to understand functionality of reporting and analytical tools such as excel MS Access and Cognos as well as familiarity with MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of departmental accounting systems including PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ability to provide accurate meaningful and comprehensive reports with data formatted in a clear concise manner.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting/Finance)
- MBA or advanced degree preferred. CPA preferred but not required.
- Two (2) years of accounting experience preferred.