An exciting, challenging and rewarding Payroll Specialist position awaits a skilled, dedicated and professional candidate. The Payroll Specialist position processes and audits the essential steps for production of biweekly payrolls; which includes the auditing of electronic time sheets and leave reports, entering of tax withholding forms, direct deposit requests and various payroll type deductions. This position ensures compliance with federal and state regulations, calculates, process and issue retroactive pay, separation/termination payouts and manual checks for all employees.
The principal accountability of the Payroll Specialist is to accurately and efficiently process medium to high volume of payroll electronic time sheets in a timely manner. This includes verifying the accuracy of data received and data-entering employee hours for payment.Job Duties:
- Responsible for managing, processing and auditing all aspects of payroll.
- Validate and process electronic time sheets and run utilization reports.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information in to the payroll system.
- Reconcile payroll to G/L, reconcile quarterly ADP State and Federal tax filing.
- Investigate and resolve issues that are identified during time sheet and notes review and posting.
- Identify and communicate time sheet discrepancies to the appropriate party (i.e. employee, staffing consultants and/or client).
- Point of Contact (POC) answer employees and consultant’s inquiries as to payroll issues.
- Maintain employee information in payroll system.
- Keep track of leave time such as PTO, holiday pay and sick leave for employees.
- Balance cash and payroll accounts.
- Ensures that all W-4 and W-9 forms are on file for all employees and associates.
- 3-5 years of payroll experience.
- B.S. degree in Accounting or related field.
- Experience in working in ADP Workforce Now.
- Quickbooks Experience
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills and exceptional follow through.
$60,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year
Nonprofit - Social Services