Job Title: Accountant I
Duration: 1 year
Client is seeking an Accountant to support the Client Owner Relations and Private Royalty team the North America Financial Service Center in Houston, TX. The Private Royalty team manages the royalty owner payments for Client. The Accountant position is slated for at least 1 year and could potentially extend into the following year, depending on project status.
The main function of an accountant is to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. A typical accountant is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
* 0-2 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
* Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
* Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
* Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
* Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
* Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
* Candidates local to Houston area required
* An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred
* Previous accounting/finance experience within Oil/Gas or Enterprise
* SAP or PowerBI experience would be a big plus
* Excel Skills/proficiency - creating pivot tables strongly preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
* Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
* Prepare reports to recover overpayments to royalty owners
* Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
* Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements.
* Log and track royalty owner inquiries related to payments
Interviews will tentatively be scheduled the beginning of the week of 11/4/2019.
Travel Requirements: None
1. Oil and Gas experience
2. Strong communication skills are very important- written and verbal
3. Accounting/Finance knowledge