Position: Sr Accountant
Duration: 9 months (contract-to-permanent)
Job Description: senior accountant with 5+ years of experience as an accountant. Examines, analyzes and interprets accounting records to prepare statements and/or advise management. Ability to manage resources as needed.
- Experience in any international tax laws, e.g. Suisse
- Experience using the tax and/or client onboarding tools and applications
- Knowledge of Olympic/DTS/ICR
- Knowledge on the Common Reporting Standards (CRS) in conjunction with the Automatic Exchange of Information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform quality assurance review of tax set up at client onboarding, withholding and reporting stages
- Liase Work with members of the Tax and Client Onboarding team on inquiries on tax withholding and reporting rules (Chapter 3, QI and Chapter 4, FATCA, CRS)
- Contribute to continuous improvement and development of the quality program
- Provide general assistance to data owners and approvers
- Interpret firmwide policies and compliance requirements for incorporation into company systems/procedures
- Liase with members of the Tax And Client Onboarding team strengthening, updating/creating procedures and setting controls in place
- Participate as required to meet schedules or resolve problems at peer level
- Additional responsibilities assigned by management which may include assistance with process transfers, partner communications, maintenance of quality agreements, etc.
- Document and deliver information regarding due diligence rules for client identification, documentation, withholding and reporting
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.