Account Receivable Clerk
BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Account Receivable Clerk in FRAMINGHAM, MA
Job Title: Account Receivable Clerk
Expected Duration: Contract to Permanent
Location: FRAMINGHAM, MA
Job Summary: Reporting to the Controller or designated manager, support the Accounting Department by receiving all customer payments in accordance with corporate guidelines and within the required time frame. Perform all duties assigned by the Controller or designated manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service: both on the phone and in person.
Demonstrate friendliness and proper phone etiquette with every customer.
Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the client policy.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention during all communication and transactions.
§ Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
§ Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the Controller or designated manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
§ Make collection calls for vehicles and all fees owed.
3. Process checks received and may deposit money in bank accounts. Properly record checks in the accounting system, research and answer any questions customers may have. Run required accounting reports when due and record journal entries.
Process and monitor accounting transactions such as charges, various sales, auction fees, funds distribution and collection checks, wire transfers, assistance with sources of financing, etc.
4. Maintain customer databases and generate reports for the Controller or designated manager as requested.
§ Run monthly statements
5. Manage all controllable expenses and cost items affecting profitability of the accounting function; coordinate ordering of supplies and forms with the Office Manager.
§ Handle all cash transactions from Dealers and redemption customers.
§ Handle voided sales from Arbitration and do Post Sale Inspections (PSI) turn downs.
§ Submit floorplans for accounts.
6. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
7. Ensure proper follow-through on directives, bulletins and schedules from the Controller, designated manager or other auction and corporate sources.
8. Maintain a good flow of communication with the Accounting Department and other auction personnel.
9. Monitor all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise Facilities of all breakdown and maintenance needs immediately.
10. Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately.
11. Account for and identify all keys, codes or other safety or security information assigned.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED required with at least six (6) months similar work experience preferred.
High School Diploma or GED required
At least six (6) months similar work experience preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Attention to detail
Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
Must possess a valid Driver's License
The physical activity requirements of the position are Sedentary to Light Physical Work.
Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
Constant -stooping, reaching, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motion
Potential - climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling
This position is subject to both inside and outside environmental working conditions, including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards, such as moving vehicles, exposure to hot atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems, such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with internal and external service station/convenience food and petroleum dispensing operations.
Automotive experience is strongly preferred. Dealership experience. Someone that has worked in a AR position at a car dealership would be ideal.
Hours - 830 to 5 m-f. No overtime. No weekend work.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including, both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 93936 when responding to this ad.